International students possess excellent skills and abilities that distinguish them from their American counterparts. Some of these desirable characteristics include global and unique perspectives, living and working experience in another country, and bilingual communication skills. Even though the job market can be tough to break into due to work authorization restrictions and the competitive nature of recruitment for employees, SuccessWorks is here to support you with strategies for decision making and additional resources for making your job search a success.
Career Services & Resources: Where Should I Go?
SuccessWorks is here to support you in your personal professional and development on your path to success. If we can’t help you directly with a question you have, we’ll make sure to connect you with the right people who can help. Some of our specialty areas include:
- Resume and cover letter development
- Resume and cover letter feedback
- Job/Internship search strategy
- Tips on building your professional network
- Identifying potential employers in the US or abroad
- Interview preparation and practice
- Free professional clothes for students with financial need: Career Closet
- How to talk to employers
- And much more!
Want help with any of the above?
Make an appointment with a SuccessWorks Career & Internship Specialist. All appointments are available via phone, Google Hangout or Skype.
Same Day Advising is also available to get a quick overview of how SuccessWorks can help you, or a fast review of your resume or cover letter. This fall, we’ll be offering 15 minute, virtual, same day appointments throughout the week.
International Student Services (ISS)
ISS advising specializes in helping you understand how immigration laws, rules, and regulations affect you and how to maintain your visa status and benefits. The office provides orientation, advising, programs, and documentation services.
- OPT and CPT workshops and advising
- Understand your visa regulations and work eligibility
- Immigration regulations and rights and responsibilities as a non-immigrant student including document services and SEVIS
- Getting Connected on Campus & in the Community
- Career Planning
- Working in the USA
- Success Luncheon Series
- Career Series
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
The College of Letters & Science endeavors to make academic excellence inclusive by sustaining a community of free inquiry in which people of diverse race, ethnicity, cultures, veteran status, marital status, socio-economic level, national origin, religious belief, physical ability, sexual orientation, age, class, political ideology and lifestyle participate in, contribute to and benefit equally from a liberal arts education based on the Wisconsin Idea — one in which we all contribute to advancing society.