International students possess excellent skills and abilities that distinguish them from their American counterparts. Some of these desirable characteristics include global and unique perspectives, living and working experience in another country, and bilingual communication skills. Even though the job market can be tough to break into due to work authorization restrictions and the competitive nature of recruitment for employees, SuccessWorks is here to support you with strategies for decision making and additional resources for making your job search a success.
Career Services & Resources: Where Should I Go?
SuccessWorks is here to support you in your personal professional and development on your path to success. If we can’t help you directly with a question you have, we’ll make sure to connect you with the right people who can help. Some of our specialty areas include:
- Resume and cover letter development
- Resume and cover letter feedback
- Job/Internship search strategy
- Tips on building your professional network
- Identifying potential employers in the US or abroad
- Interview preparation and practice
- Free professional clothes for students with financial need: Career Closet
- How to talk to employers
- And much more!
Want help with any of the above?
Make an appointment with a SuccessWorks Career & Internship Specialist, or stop by for drop-in hours starting September 3, 2019, on the Third Floor of the University Book Store (711 State Street)
Monday – Thursday: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm,
Friday: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
International Student Services (ISS)
ISS advising specializes in helping you understand how immigration laws, rules, and regulations affect you and how to maintain your visa status and benefits. The office provides orientation, advising, programs, and documentation services.
- OPT and CPT workshops and advising
- Understand your visa regulations and work eligibility
- Immigration regulations and rights and responsibilities as a non-immigrant student including document services and SEVIS
- Getting Connected on Campus & in the Community
- Career Planning
- Working in the USA
- Success Luncheon Series
- Career Series
Set up your profile in Handshake to take care of everything you need to explore career events, manage your campus interviews and apply to jobs and internships from 200,000+ employers around the country.