It can be tough to manage the many expenses that come along with a summer internship. For students with unpaid internships, or internships in high-cost locations, the SuccessWorks Internship Fund provides support payments of up to $5,000. These payments are made possible through the generous donations from UW-Madison family and friends.
Preference is given to undergraduate students completing unpaid internships, or those who would not be able to participate in the internship without financial support. Students who are underrepresented in their school, major, and/or industry are also prioritized.
Summer 2019 Internship Fund applications are now open! Application closes March 31. Apply online.
- L&S undergraduate student
- Student must be seeking an L&S degree (primary major is in the College of Letters & Science)
- If you are unsure of your degree, login to your Student Center and click the My Academics tab, or consult your academic advisor.
- Overall GPA is 2.5 or above
- Have applied to or secured an internship. Must have secured the internship by April 15.
- Internship must be 10 hours/week, 6 weeks minimum; cannot be for internship post-graduation
- Must be returning to complete at least one semester at UW-Madison after the internship experience
How do I know what counts as an internship?
Basic Criteria for Determining Internship Validity
Internship Fund Timeline
February – March: Applications collected
April: Student finalists selected
May: Winners notified
Students who receive a financial aid package are encouraged to consult with the Office of Financial Aid to ensure an award will not impact their financial standing.
Looking for more financial assistance to support your internship? Start here.
Funded by Friends & Alumni
The SuccessWorks Internship Fund is made possible by friends and alumni dedicated to changing the lives of L&S students.