The Spring Career & Internship Fair is coming up on February 4, and there are lots of great opportunities for you to prepare beforehand to make the most of the fair. This page will take you through events and resources available to you surrounding this specific Fair. Also check out the Public Service Fair and the Engineering & STEM Fair!
After you look through this page, check out some general tips to prepare for any career fair.
Prepare Before the Fair
Stop by SuccessWorks during drop-in hours to review your resume with an advisor, or schedule an appointment with a Career & Internship Specialist.
Drop-In Advising Hours:
Monday–Thursday: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Students with financial need: visit the SuccessWorks Career Closet!
We’ll hook you up with professional attire to help you look and feel sharp for the Fair and interviews.
Remember: business casual attire is welcome at the Fair, but it’s always good to think about dressing up!
February 3, 2020 / 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Come network with employers before the Fair. This is a low-stress way to practice your networking skills while gathering information on industries and companies. Please feel free to come as you are, and if you want to dress up, that’s fine too!
In this smaller, more informal setting, you’ll have a lot more time to chat with employers than you will at the full Career & Internship Fair.
Confirmed companies who will be in attendance include Oracle, BP, Koch, Progressive, Ameriprise Financial, Echo, Covance, Cintas, and more.
February 3, 2020 / 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Whether it’s your first time attending a career fair or you are a seasoned pro, we’ll have a variety of stations for you to choose from, including:
- Resume feedback from employers
- Create and practice your personal introduction and get feedback from an advisor to help you feel comfortable talking to recruiters
- Career Fair Q&A: what to wear, what to bring, how to do research, Handshake, and more questions you might have
All UW students welcome. Please bring your student ID and resume. Come as you are (casual, business casual, or professional attire – all are welcome)!
ATTEND THE CAREER & INTERNSHIP FAIR
February 4, 2020 / 4:00pm – 8:00pm
The Fair has arrived, and now you’re ready for it! You’ve got a resume in hand, your elevator pitch down to perfection, and your outfit picked out and ready to go. You’ve got this!
Could you use some advice at the fair? We’ll be there for you! Come to the second floor of the Kohl Center to our prep station to chat with an advisor, and if you’d like, take a professional LinkedIn headshot photo!
After the Fair
Got an interview? Congrats! Make sure to check out our guide to interviewing, and our advisors would love to help you prepare in person.
Regardless of your Fair experience, it’s important to continue to build your skills!
- Meet with a Career & Internship Specialist to keep refining your application materials and make a plan to get the job or internship you want
- Connect with alumni who can help you on your path, either at an upcoming networking event or on your own. Check out our guide to networking here.
- Practice interviewing! Big Interview can be a great tool to learn about common interview questions, practice your answers, and even get real advice from others. For interview feedback from a SuccessWorks advisor, just go to the “Assignments Tab” and enter code: 3237e2
Got a job or internship?
CONGRATULATIONS! We’d love to learn about your opportunity, so #ShareYourSuccess with us so we can celebrate with you. Reach out to your advisor and share the great news!