Career Closet – New for Spring 2018
Hey, UW-Madison friends! SuccessWorks has a brand new Career Closet, and you can help stock it up. The Career Closet is all about giving first generation students, historically underrepresented students, and students with financial need access to professional and business casual attire.
These free items from the Career Closet help students dress for success during interviews, career fairs, networking events, and internships. Students will be able to acquire up to four items per semester.
How you can help:
- Donate clothing and accessories
- Donate gift cards in smaller increments ($25-100) for students to purchase items like socks and shoes
- Organize a clothing drive at your organization, in your neighborhood, or with your friends
What we’re seeking:
- Dress pants/skirts
- Button-down shirts/blouses
- Accessories: belts, ties, scarves, padfolios
- (Sorry, no used socks or shoes please)
Items should be contemporary, new or gently used, and dry cleaned (or in clean condition) when donated.
You can drop off items at SuccessWorks from 8:30am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday on the 3rd floor of the Bookstore (711 State St). Grab a free cup of coffee or hot chocolate when you drop off your items. Please include your name with your donated items so we know who to thank. Not on or near campus? Contact us and we’ll schedule a pickup.
Contact Andrea Lowe at email@example.com, SuccessWorks at the College of Letters & Science.